Maine 1997 ballot measures
Revision as of 14:50, 11 August 2011 by Alejandortiz
November 4, 1997 ballot in Maine.Six statewide ballot measures were on the
- Four measures were approved.
- Two measures were defeated.
- Five measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
On the ballot
|ABR||Question 1||Forests & Parks||Makes the Compact for Maine's Forests into law|
|BI||Question 2||Water||Issues $7 million in bonds, matching $15 million in federal bonds, for water pollution control facilities|
|BI||Question 3||Bonds||Issues $10 million in bonds for the Adaptive Equipment Loan Program Fund|
|BI||Question 4||Transportation||Issues $56.85 million in bonds for transportation improvements|
|Question 5||Suffrage||Repeals provision that prevents persons under guardianship because of mental illnesses from voting|
|LRSS||Question 6||Transportation||Expands southern end of Maine Turnpike|
- 1997 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature
- Citizen's guide to the November 4, 1997 ballot questions in Maine
- Tabulation of the vote for the November 4, 1997 ballot questions
- Votes on Maine constitutional amendments
- Votes on legislatively-referred state laws
- Votes on Maine bond issues