Maine 1998 ballot measures
- All six measures were approved.
- Five measures were legislatively-referred state statutes and one appeared as a veto referendum.
- Elections were held February 10, June 9 and November 3.
On the ballot
|VR||Question 1||LGBT||Repeals ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation|
|BI||Question 1||Transportation||Issues 36,985,000 in bonds for improvements to transportation systems|
|BI||Question 2||Water||Issues $6 million in bonds for improvements related to water pollution|
|BI||Question 3||Education||Issues $5 million in bonds for vocational schools|
|BI||Question 1||Development||Issues $20 million in bonds for research and development in science and technology|
|BI||Question 2||Water||Issues $7 million in bonds for improvements to combat water pollution|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature
- Citizen's guide to the Maine November 3, 1998 ballot measures
- Tabulation of the vote on the Maine November 3, 1998 ballot measures
- Citizen's guide to the June 9, 2008 ballot measures in Maine (PDF)
- Tabulation of the vote for the June 9, 2008 ballot measures in Maine
- Citizen's guide to the February 10, 1998 ballot measure (People's Veto) in Maine
- Tabulation of the vote for the February 10, 1998 election
- History of legislatively-referred state statutes in Maine
- List of all People's Vetoes from 1909-present.
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |