Maine 2008 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a veto referendum
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Three of the measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|BI||Question 1||Bond Issues||Issues $29,725,000 in bonds for water quality requirements, dam rehabilitation and transportation improvements|
|VR||Question 1||Taxes||Repeals tax bill to fund the Dirigo Health Plan through beverage taxes|
|IndISS||Question 2||Gambling||Allows the establishment of a casino in Oxford County|
|BI||Question 3||Water||Issues $3.4 million in bonds for drinking water and wastewater treatment facility funds|
Not on the ballot
- Maine Real Estate Listing Service Initiative (2008)
- Maine Repeal of the School Consolidation Laws (2008)
- Maine School Consolidation Referendum (2008)
- Maine Voter Confidence Act (2008)
- Maine Citizen's Guide to the Referendum Election, Tuesday, June 10, 2008 from Maine Secretary of State
- Referendum Election Tabulations, June 10, 2008 from Maine Secretary of State
- Maine Citizen's Guide to the Referendum Election, Tuesday, November 4, 2008 from Maine Secretary of State
- Referendum Election Tabulations, November 4, 2008 from Maine Secretary of State
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |