Difference between revisions of "Maine 2012 ballot measures"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
| [[Veto referendum|VR]] || [[Maine Same-Sex Marriage Referendum (2012)|
| [[Veto referendum|VR]] || [[Maine Same-Sex Marriage Referendum (2012)|Marriage Referendum]] || [[:Category:Marriage, Maine|Marriage]] || Would overturn a ban on gay marriage in the state.
Revision as of 10:37, 1 July 2011
- The statewide petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 is January 30, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for indirect initiated state statutes is 57,277.
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|Legislature Decrease Amendment||State legislatures||Would reduce the number of legislators in both chambers of the Maine Legislature.|
|VR||Same-Sex Marriage Referendum||Marriage||Would overturn a ban on gay marriage in the state.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature