Maine 2012 ballot measures
- The statewide petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 is January 30, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for indirect initiated state statutes is 57,277.
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|Legislature Decrease Amendment||State legislatures||Would reduce the number of legislators in both chambers of the Maine Legislature.|
|IndISS||Same-Sex Marriage Question||Marriage||Would overturn a ban on gay marriage in the state.|
|IndISS||Renewable Energy Resources Initiative||Energy||State utilities to get 20% of power from renewable energy sources by 2020.|
|LRSS||Voter Identification Question||Elections||Would mandate that identification be shown before residents vote in an election.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature