Maine 2012 ballot measures
- The statewide petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 is January 30, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for indirect initiated state statutes is 57,277.
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|IndISS||Question 1||Marriage||Would legalize same-sex marriage in the state.||
|LRSS||Question 2||Bond issues||$11 million bond for higher education in order to expand the state's community college system.||
|LRSS||Question 3||Bond issues||One of two measures that would allow for a bond for water and sewer projects in the state.||
|LRSS||Question 4||Bond issues||Allow for a $51 million transportation bond, most of it to pay for road and bridge repairs in the state.||
|LRSS||Question 5||Bond issues||One of two measures that would allow for a bond for water and sewer projects in the state.||
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature