Maine 2012 ballot measures
Revision as of 11:31, 31 January 2012 by Alejandortiz
2012 ballot in the state of Maine.At least three statewide ballot questions have been proposed for the
- The statewide petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 was January 30, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for indirect initiated state statutes was 57,277.
- Only one ballot initiative submitted signatures for ballot consideration by the deadline.
- The Maine Legislature convened 2012 state legislative session starting January 4, 2012, and adjourns on April 18, 2012. During this time, lawmakers can proposed ballot measures for 2012.
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|IndISS||Question 1||Marriage||Would legalize same-sex marriage in the state.|
|LRSS||Question 2||Bond issues||$11 million bond for higher education in order to expand the state's community college system.|
|LRSS||Question 3||Bond issues||One of two measures that would allow for a bond for water and sewer projects in the state.|
|LRSS||Question 4||Bond issues||Allow for a $51 million transportation bond, most of it to pay for road and bridge repairs in the state.|
|LRSS||Question 5||Bond issues||One of two measures that would allow for a bond for water and sewer projects in the state.|
Not on ballot
The following measures did not make the ballot in 2012:
|IndISS||Renewable Energy Resources Initiative||Energy||State utilities to get 20% of power from renewable energy sources by 2020.|
|IndISS||Campaign Promises Question||Campaigns||Deals with public office campaigns and campaign promises.|
|IndISS||Forest Industry Employment Question||Labor||Deals with employment opportunities for state workers in the forest industry.|
|IndISS||Minimum Sentence for Sex Offenders Question||Law enforcement||Minimum sentence for offenders who commit crime against victim 12 or under|
|IndISS||Electronic Beano Question||Gambling||Would authorize two Indian tribes to conduct electronic Beano|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature