Maine Reject Extension of Civil Rights Protections Regardless of Sexual Orientation, Question 1 (2005)
|Voting on LGBT Issues|
|Not on ballot|
|Maine Sexual Orientation Veto Referendum|
45% of voters said "yes", which meant that the law was ratified and went into effect.
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
Do you want to reject the new law that would protect people from discrimination in employment, housing, education, public accommodations and credit based on their sexual orientation?
- List of People's Veto ballot measures in Maine
- Maine 2005 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- 2005 ballot measures
- List of People's Vetoes in Maine
- Question 1 Election Results
- Citizens Guide to the Referendum Election 2005