Maine Water Access and Wildlife Question, Question 3 (2012)
|Water and Sewer Bond Question 1|
|Type:||legislatively-referred state statute|
|Referred by:||Maine Legislature|
|Status:||On the ballot|
The proposal was sent to the ballot during the week of May 17, 2012 as a part of four bond issues that were placed up for a statewide public vote.
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
The following are unofficial election results:
|Maine Question 3|
92% of precincts reporting (532 out of 578).
Results via Bangor Daily News.
Text of the measure
The following is the ballot language that will appear before voters:
|“||Do you favor a $5,000,000 bond issue to purchase land and conservation easements statewide from willing sellers for public land and water access, conservation, wildlife or fish habitat and outdoor recreation, including hunting and fishing and deer wintering areas, and to preserve working farmland and working waterfronts to be matched by at least $5,000,000 in private and public contributions?||”|
- The Maine Chamber of Commerce is in favor of the measure.
No formal opposition has been identified.
Path to the ballot
- WMTW.com, "Lawmakers pass 5 bond proposals", May 17, 2012
- Maine Elections division, "November 6, 2012 - Referendum Election", Retrieved September 26, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.