Maine Water and Sewer Bond Question, Question 5 (2012)
Revision as of 09:16, 22 October 2012 by Alejandortiz
|Water and Sewer Bond Question|
|Type:||legislatively-referred state statute|
|Referred by:||Maine Legislature|
|Status:||On the ballot|
The proposal was sent to the ballot during the week of May 17, 2012 as a part of four bond issues that were placed up for a statewide public vote.
Text of the measure
The following is the ballot language that will appear before voters:
|“||Do you favor a $7,925,000 bond issue to be expended over 2 years for revolving loan funds for drinking water systems and for wastewater treatment facilities, which will make the State eligible to secure $39,625,000 in federal grants?||”|
- The Maine Chamber of Commerce is in favor of the measure.
- The The Mid Maine Chamber of Commerce stated opposition to the measure.
Path to the ballot
- WMTW.com, "Lawmakers pass 5 bond proposals", May 17, 2012
- Maine Elections division, "November 6, 2012 - Referendum Election", Retrieved September 26, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.