|Virginia House of Delegates District 95|
|2004 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Union University, 1960|
|Master's||Hampton Institute, 1967|
|Place of birth||Halifax, VA|
BaCote earned her M.A. from Hampton Institute in 1967 and her A.B. from Virginia Union University in 1960.
In the 2012-2013 session, BaCote served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, BaCote served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee #1
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #3
- HB 1910 Firearms; localities may adopt ordinance prohibiting thereof in libraries owned by locality.
- HB 1911 Retirement System; retirees may be hired as teachers without interrupting retirement benefits.
- HB 2571 Restricted driver's license; court to provide during period of suspension.
BaCote's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked her priorities she stated, "My priorities are supporting funding + policies for public education + higher education, health care, transportation and public safety."
BaCote is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 95. BaCote ran unopposed in the June 11 Democratic primary and is challenged by John Bloom (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
BaCote is running for re-election to the District 95 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. She was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be opposed by Glenn McGuire (L) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 95 General Election, 2011|
In 2009, BaCote was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 95 (2009)|
|Mamye BaCote (D)||11,837|
In 2011, BaCote received $73,758 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Mamye BaCote's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$2,500|
|Virginia Automobile & Truck Dealers Association||$2,500|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,358|
|Total Raised in 2011||$73,758|
|Total Votes received in 2011||7,142|
|Cost of each vote received||$10.33|
Listed below are the top five donors to BaCote's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,988|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$2,500|
|Virginia Optometric Association||$2,500|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$2,500|
|Virginia Healthcare Association||$4,000|
In 2013, BaCote’s endorsements included the following:
BaCote and her husband, Theodore, have three children. She served on the board of Peninsula Habitat for Humanity and Newport News Public Art Foundation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mamye + BaCote + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. BaCote
- Campaign website (Archive)
- OnPolitix profile
- Candidate Facebook page
- Candidate LinkedIn profile
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Realtor Endorsement profile
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Vote VA profile
- Wikipedia page
- Influence Explorer profile
- Virginia Free profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate BaCote
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate BaCote Issue Positions
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 95
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |