|Virginia House of Delegates District 95|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
She won re-election unopposed in the 2009 general election.
Prior to her election to the House, BaCote served as Councilwoman on the Newport News City Council from 1996-2003. She currently sits on the board of Peninsula Habitat for Humanity and Newport News Public Art Foundation.
BaCote's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked her priorities she stated, "My priorities are supporting funding + policies for public education + higher education, health care, transportation and public safety."
- Appropriations Committee, Virginia House
- Health, Welfare and Institutions Committee, Virginia House
- Subcommittee on Elementary & Secondary Education
- Subcommittee on General Government
- Subcommittee on Health & Human Resources
- Subcommittee on Institutions
- Transportation Committee, Virginia House
- HB 1910 Firearms; localities may adopt ordinance prohibiting thereof in libraries owned by locality.
- HB 1911 Retirement System; retirees may be hired as teachers without interrupting retirement benefits.
- HB 2571 Restricted driver's license; court to provide during period of suspension.
The top 5 donors to BaCote's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Old Dominion Highway Contractors Assoc $50,250
- 2. Townebank $50,000
- 3. Dominion $2,500
- 4. VA State Legislative Black Caucus $2,500
- 5. VA Optometric Assoc $2,000
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. BaCote
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007, 2005, 2003
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |