Marathon County, Wisconsin
- Main article: Evaluation of Wisconsin county websites
- Budget information is posted. 
- Meeting minutes and agendas are available. 
- Has elected and administrative officials' contact information. 
- Building permits and zoning information are available. 
- Audit information is available. 
- There is an option for paying taxes online, but the site does not have specific tax information. 
- There is no information on contracts or lobbying.
- There is no policy posted regarding public records requests, but there is a fee schedule for the recording of certain documents.
The Wisconsin Freedom of Information Council performed an audit of compliance with the Wisconsin Open Records Law in 2008. Three in ten of the requests submitted were found to be ignored or responded to in violation of state law.
The Sheriff's Department in Marathon County fared poorly on the audit because the requester was asked both his identity and to provide his driver's license. Wisconsin law does not require that the identity of requesters be made known. Sheriff Randy Hoenisch jumped to the department's defense, saying, "If they're using one request to rate a department, it doesn't seem very accurate. They should be checking with the hundreds of requests we get. We handle open requests on a daily basis."
- Marathon County official website
- County profile on E-podunk
- Marathon County free public records search
- Project Vote Smart - Local Officials of Marathon County