|Idaho House of Representatives District 32A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University|
|Profession||Owner, Gibbs Farms, Limited Liability Company|
Gibbs graduated from Utah State University with a Finance degree.
In addition to being a Representative, Gibbs is also the owner of a family farm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gibbs served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Resources and Conservation, Vice Chair|
|• Transportation and Defense|
|• Joint Finance-Appropriations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gibbs served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment, Energy and Technology|
|• Resources and Conservation|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gibbs served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health and Welfare|
Gibbs's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Our Local Economy
- Excerpt: "The local economy in District 32 is driven by the phosphate industry. We are blessed with huge phosphate ore reserves. I will continue to promote environmentally safe mining and production in our district."
- Our State Budget
- Excerpt: "We are fortunate in Idaho that the constitution requires that we pass a balanced budget. Because of this our credit rating remains strong and Idaho remains a great place to do business. I will continue to support Common Sense Solutions to the many challenges that face Idaho."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "We must work to attract new business to locate in Idaho. This can be done by keeping corporate income and property taxes in check. Most importantly we must continue to keep the businesses that are here competitive so that they can continue to provide good well paying jobs."
- Improving Education
- Excerpt: "Education funding will remain a challenge because of the increasing demand for our tax dollars. I will continue to work with teachers, local administrators, and school boards to provide the flexibility needed so that most decisions can be made on a local level."
- Transportation in Idaho
- Excerpt: "Almost all of the goods we produce must be moved to be consumed. Governor Otter is correct to identify transportation as a major issue. The need is clear, however, the question remains as to how to fund the increased spending among all users."
Gibbs won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives. Due to redistricting, he ran in District 32A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Bob Fitzgerald (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 32A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Marc Gibbs Incumbent||79.1%||15,328|
Gibbs won re-election to District Seat 31A in 2010 with no opposition. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 25th. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 31A (2010)|
|Marc Gibbs (R)||12,238||100.0%|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 31A (2008)|
|Marc Gibbs (R)||15,474|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Gibbs was up for re-election, he collected $8,900 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marc Gibbs's campaign in 2010|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,050|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$750|
|The Regence Group||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$8,900|
In 2008, Gibbs raised $35,404.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign. 
|Marcus J. Gibbs||$9,372|
|Idaho Republican Party||$1,000|
|Associated Logging Contractors Idaho||$1,000|
Marc is married to Bonne Gibbs. They have two children and reside in Grace, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marc + Gibbs + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Marc Gibbs' personal website
- Marc Gibbs' campaign website
- Idaho House of Representatives - Marc Gibbs
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Marc Gibbs on Twitter
- Marc Gibbs, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2012
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to Marc Gibbs
Janice McGeachin (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 32A
| Succeeded by|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 31A
| Succeeded by|
Neil Anderson (R)