was a Libertarian candidate
for District 4
of the Colorado House of Representatives
. The primary election
was on August 10, 2010, and the general election was on November 2
- See also: Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2010
Goddard was uncontested in the August 10 primary election. He was defeated by Democrat Dan Pabon in the November 2 general election.
| Colorado House of Representatives, District 4 General election (2010)
| Dan Pabon (D)
| Rick D. Nevin (R)
| Marc Goddard (L)
Goddard's website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Much more can be done to make sure that Coloradoans have stable communities and essential government programs. For this reason, as your State Congressman, I would introduce several innovative bills to the legislature to help raise needed funds, cut wasteful spending, and increase liberty and prosperity for Coloradoans."
- Excerpt: "Education is one of the most important investments that a community can make, and I think Colorado needs to a stronger educational system. The answer is certainly not spending more by eliminating Tabor."
- Excerpt: "I fully support the use of Medical Marijuana as approved by the citizens of Colorado, and I oppose recent attempts by some of our legislators to impose some restrictions, any restrictions on this industry."
- Excerpt: "We must avoid implementing discriminatory polices while insuring that American citizenship holds its value. Colorado does not need policies that will deter businesses from coming here, or cause us to be a national spectacle."
- Excerpt: "To limit the ability to own a gun is to limit the ability to defend one’s self, family, property, and by extension- one’s state."
- Homosexuality and Government
- Excerpt: "Simply put, the arguments for denying Liberty to those who identify as homosexuals was as flawed as denying rights to any other group, such as women or people of color."
- Excerpt: "While unwanted pregnancies are an unfortunate circumstance in society, this issue is too personal to be politicized; the decision to abort ought to be free from outside influences, especially the government. That’s why I support a person’s right to choice."