|Michigan House of Representatives, District 92|
|January 1, 2011- present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University, 1967|
|Master's||University of Michigan, 1973|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Behavioral Health Associates|
Hovey-Wright earned her bachelor's degree in Social Work from Pennsylvania State University in 1967, her master's degree in Social Work from the University of Michigan in 1973, and another master's degree in Management from the Aquinas College in 1989. Her professional experience includes working as the owner of Marcia Hovey-Wright Counseling Service, social worker for Holton Public Schools and Orchard View School, and Executive Director of Muskegon Area Planned Parenthood.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hovey-Wright served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Families, Children, and Seniors, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hovey-Wright served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health Policy|
Hovey-Wright's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Create more jobs
- Excerpt: "I will work aggressively with the State and local economic programs to attract new job providers. We have wonderful, positive communities. We need to make sure that people know about us, visit us, and choose to live and work with us."
Improve racial justice and civil rights
- Excerpt: "We need to make the criminal justice system more just, improve outcomes in our schools and more effectively address the particular health issues of minorities."
Strengthen women’s rights and protect reproductive freedom
- Excerpt: "The attacks on women,the last 2 years, particularly in reproductive health care issues has been relentless. We have lost many gains won 30 years ago. Michigan must turn this trend around – let Michigan be a leader in electing more progressive women to public office."
Make public education the backbone of our democracy
- Excerpt: "We need to support our teachers, protect their retirement, find new ways to support education, and help failing schools, rather than punish them."
Provide affordable health care and drug coverage for all our citizens
- Excerpt: "Health care should be a right, not a priviledge. The high cost of healthcare in the U.S. contributes significantly to the cost of our products on the global market."
Hovey-Wright won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 92. She defeated Willie Walton in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Travis Shepherd (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 92, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Marcia Hovey-Wright Incumbent||73.1%||24,211|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 92 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Marcia Hovey-Wright Incumbent||83.4%||4,903|
Hovey-Wright won election to the District 92 Seat in 2010. She defeated Steven Markel, Scott McNeill, Sean Mullally, Charles Nash, Scott Nesbit, David Takitaki, Willie Walton and Steve Warmington in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated John McNally (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 92 General election (2010)|
|Marcia Hovey-Wright (D)||13,102|
|John McNally (R)||7,486|
Comprehensive donor information for Hovey-Wright is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Hovey-Wright raised a total of $159,326 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Marcia Hovey-Wright's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 92||$55,579|
|2010||Michigan State House, District 92||$66,613|
|2004||Michigan State House, District 92||$37,134|
|Grand Total Raised||$159,326|
2012Hovey-Wright won re-election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hovey-Wright raised a total of $55,579.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marcia Hovey-Wright's campaign in 2012|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Michigan||$2,150|
|Michigan Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Michigan Education Association||$1,800|
|Michigan Auto Workers||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$55,579|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Hovey-Wright won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Hovey-Wright raised a total of $66,613.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marcia Hovey-Wright's campaign in 2010|
|Marcia Hovey-Wright For State Representative||$6,804|
|Progressive Womens Alliance Of West Michigan||$2,100|
|Michigan Education Association||$2,000|
|Michigan Association Of Health Plans||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$66,613|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2004Hovey-Wright lost the election for the Michigan House of Representatives in 2004. During that election cycle, Hovey-Wright raised a total of $37,134.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2004 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marcia Hovey-Wright's campaign in 2004|
|Michigan Women's Campaign Fund||$1,250|
|Roberson, Richard W.||$500|
|Total Raised in 2004||$37,134|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Marcia Hovey-Wright received a 10% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Hovey-Wright and her husband, Bill, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Marcia + Hovey + Wright + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Local state legislators tell Muskegon Rotary Club about support of river barge ... - Mlive Kalamazoo
- Petition requiring separate insurance for abortions hits state - Burtonview
- Bill Forces Disclosure Of Law's Effect On Premiums - CBS Local
- Democratic lawmakers lead panel discussion on education reform in Muskegon - Muskegon Chronicle - MLive.com
- Education 'town hall meeting' planned in Muskegon by Democratic lawmakers - Muskegon Chronicle - MLive.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Douglas Bennett (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 92
2011 – Present
| Succeeded by|