Marcus W. Williams
|Marcus W. Williams|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 8|
|High school||Lumberton High School|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
|J.D.||University of Minnesota Law School|
Williams ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing North Carolina's 8th District. Williams sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket. The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was February 29, 2012. Williams was defeated by incumbent Rep. Larry Kissell in the May 8, 2012 Democratic primary.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
|U.S. House of Representatives-North Carolina, District 13 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Marcus W. Williams||27.4%||17,393|
As of April 18, 2012, Williams had raised $12, 376 in the 2012 election cycle, and spent $12,306, leaving him with $70 cash on hand. Of that, nearly 100 percent of it was candidate self-financing.
- The Dispatch "GOP party leader files for commissioner" Accessed March 3, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results" Accessed October 10, 2012
- opensecrets.org Accessed May 5, 2012