|Kansas House of Representatives District 36|
| Term in office began|
February 2, 1998
| Term in office ended|
Long is a retired administrative accountant.
Long refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Long's answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2000 National Political Awareness Test are available.
- H 5003 Kansas constitutional amendment; equal rights; no discrimination based on sex. 01/23/2009
- H 5014 Expanded rail service; Kansas City to Fort Worth, Texas; congratulating Kansas Department of Transportation and others; urging action. 03/17/2009
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Long served on the following committees:
- Transportation Committee, House of Representatives (Ranking Member)
- Energy and Utilities Committee, House of Representatives
- Financial Institutions Committee, House of Representatives
- Insurance Committee, House of Representatives
- Pensions, Investments and Benefits Joint Committee, State Legislature
- Select Committee on KPERS Committee, House of Representatives
Long did not run for re-election in 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 36|
|Margaret Long (D)||10,239||100%|
In 2008 Long collected $16,830 in donations.
Four of her largest contributors were:
|Kansas Contractors Association||$600|
- Kansas Legislature - Margaret Long
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 1998,2000, 2006, 2008
|Kansas House of Representatives District 36
| Succeeded by|
Kathy Wolfe Moore (D)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |