|Michigan House of Representatives District 61|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||James Madison College at Michigan State University, 1996|
|Date of birth||November 20, 1973|
|Place of birth||Kalamazoo, MI|
|Profession||Real Estate Agent|
O'Brien is a volunteer for Catholic Family Services and has served as such since her graduation from college. She is also a real estate agent for REMAX Advantage Realty.
O'Brien graduated from Michigan State University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, O'Brien has been appointed to these committees:
O'Brien ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7. The general election is November 6.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 61 General election (2010)|
|Margaret O'Brien (R)'||21,919|
|Thomas Batten (D)||13,671|
In 2010, O'Brien raised $44,855 in contributions. 
Her two largest contributors were:
|Michigan Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Margaret + O'Brien + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Margaret O'Brien received a 71% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
O'Brien and her husband Nick have two children.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Mitt Romney Campaign Website "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Michigan Speaker of The House Jase Bolger and Additional Members of The Michigan Legislature," September 19, 2011
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 7, 2012
- 2010 contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 25, 2012
|Michigan House of Representatives District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |