|Virginia House of Delegates District 99|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
In the 2012-2013 session, Ransone served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Privileges and Elections
Ransone is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 99. Ransone ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Rasone won election to District 99 of the Virginia House of Delegates. She defeated John Lampmann and Dean Sumner in the primary on August 23, 2011 and defeated Nicholas Smith (D) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 99 General Election, 2011|
|Virginia House of Delegates Republican Primary, 2011|
In 2011, Ransone received $215,999 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Margaret Ransone's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Republican Party||$10,900|
|Howell For Delegate||$10,000|
|Opportunity Virginia PAC||$10,000|
|Bevans, Shirley E||$4,800|
|Total Raised in 2011||$215,999|
|Total Votes received in 2011||14,330|
|Cost of each vote received||$15.07|
- Preserve our Northern Neck way of life.
Excerpt: "Support our local natural and historical resources to create new jobs and economic growth."
- Support the existing job creators across the District
Excerpt: "I understand the pride of labor intensive work and craftsmanship, maintaining personal relationships with customers, standing by your product, and being responsible to other business owners and clients. I will be a strong voice and defend the hard working people that are the foundation of small communities across America."
- Secure our future by developing a friendly business climate in Virginia with less government involvement.
Excerpt: "I will promote jobs and opportunities locally by cutting wasteful programs and cutting taxes. Encourage new stable, long term jobs for the area in the technical and medical fields. I will always defend and protect Right to Work laws. Yes, I too will jump on board with officials to draw high speed internet providers to our rural area. I understand this is crucial to our future."
- Plan transportation and infrastructure as we grow – not after.
Excerpt: "Fight for our fair share of transportation dollars. Insist that once our localities receive tax dollars, they are spent efficiently to maintain our priority needs on roads and bridges."
- Protect our Property Rights and Always Defend the Repeal of the Death Tax.
Excerpt: "These rights are not given to us by our government – We have earned our property and have the authority on its use."
- We must insist on energy independence.
Excerpt: "Businesses and families are crippled by soaring energy costs. I believe we should work resources on our own soil to reduce financial pressure on families and relieve our dependence on foreign control of our future."
- Education is best controlled at the local level-by parents, teachers, and citizens.
Excerpt: "All children should have an equal opportunity to the same education and be able to compete at home or around the world."
- "I will always defend the Right to Life and all Virginia values."
- "I am a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment and will support the rights of gun owners, hunters, and sportsmen."
- "Virginia is the cradle of American liberty. I will always fight for the rights guaranteed to us by the Virginia and U.S. Constitutions."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Margaret + Ransone + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 99
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |