Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas State Senate, District 6|
Selva ran for election in the special election for Texas State Senate District 6. The seat was vacant following Mario Gallegos's death in October 2012. Selva lost facing Carol Alvarado (D), Sylvia Garcia (D), Susan Delgado (D), Rodolfo M. Reyes (D), R.W. Bray (R), Dorothy Marie Olmos (R), and Joaquin Martinez (D) in the special election on January 26, 2013. The top two vote-getters, Alvarado and Garcia, went to a runoff.
Selva ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Texas' 29th District. She ran as a Green Party candidate. He ran against James Stanczak (L) and incumbent Gene Green (D) in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|U.S. House, Texas District 29 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Gene Green Incumbent||90%||86,053|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Maria + Selva + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Texas"
- Dallas Morning News, "Houston special election for late state senator’s seat heading into runoff," January 26, 2013
- Texas Tribune, "Packed Field Could Mean a Runoff in SD-6," January 2, 2013
- The Republic, "Alvarado, Garcia, Bray vying to replace deceased Gallegos in Texas Senate special election," November 12, 2012
- The Dallas Morning News, "Governor sets special election for senate seat in Houston area," December 13, 2012
- Your Houston News, " Third candidate joins race for late Senator seat," December 28, 2012
- Texas Green Party - candidate list