Texas House of Representatives, District 51
|Profession||Small Business Owners|
- Publican Administration, St. Edwards University.
- Court Reporting, The Cussad Institute of Court Reporting, Austin.
- Small business owner.
- Child support office, office of the attorney general, Texas, Morales and Cornyn administrations.
Eliminating property taxes
- Supports replacement of property taxes with a broader-based sales tax to protect Texan property rights and increase personal income.
- Supports incentives, such as an end to the business margins tax, to attract new business.
Reducing crime and fighting poverty
- Believes solving unemployment is a direct route to solving crime.
- Believes business tax relief will reduce crime while fighting poverty.
- Opposes gay marriage.
- Supports parental rights.
Jackson lost the election for Texas House of Representatives District 51. She was unopposed in the March 2 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Democratic candidate Eddie Rodriguez in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 51 |
2010 General election results
|Eddie Rodriguez (D)||12,981||75.93%|
|Marilyn Jackson (R)||3,412||19.96%|
|Arthur DiBianca (L)||701||4.10%|
Her five largest contributors in 2010 are:
Community service and involvement
- Member, Montopolis Community Business Leadership Organization.
Jackson is a greeter and active leader at Arise Ministries.
Marilyn Jackson for District 51
P.O. Box 18982
Austin, Texas 78760
- Official Campaign website
- Official Facebook Page
- Candidate Twitter Page
- Texas House GOP YouTube Channel
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Contributions, Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Texas GOP Vote, Candidate Feature
- Texas Tribune Profile