|Nevada State Assembly District 1|
|2004 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||10|
|Speaker, Nevada State Assembly|
|2013 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|High school||Western High School|
|Profession||Sales Executive, Local Food Distribution Companies|
Kirkpatrick is a sales executive for Local Food Distribution Companies. She and her husband, Michael, have six children: Jessica, Tamara, Destiny, Dalton, Sarah and Tara.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kirkpatrick served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Labor, Vice Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kirkpatrick served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Government Affairs, Chair|
|• Legislative Operations and Elections|
|• Taxation, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kirkpatrick served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Government Affairs|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Kirkpatrick won re-election in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 1. Kirkpatrick ran unopposed in the June 12 primary election and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 1 General election (2010)|
|Michael Roberson (D)||8,336|
|Mark Trudeau (R)||5,288|
Kirkpatrick raised $227,747 for her campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 1 (2008)|
|Marilyn Kirkpatrick (D)||11,931||65.78%|
|Linda West Myers||6,207||34.22%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Kirkpatrick was up for re-election, she collected $276,511 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Kirkpatrick's 2010 campaign.
|International Gaming Technology||$7,500|
|Nevada Power Co||$7,000|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Marilyn Kirkpatrick's 2008 campaign.
|Associated General Contractors||$11,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 525||$10,087|
|Clark County Education Association||$7,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marilyn + Kirkpatrick + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada State Assembly - Rep. Marilyn Kirkpatrick
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- 2008 Follow the Money's report on Marilyn's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2010 campaign contributions
|Nevada State Assembly District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |