Difference between revisions of "Marilyn Tavenner"
m (Text replace - ". <ref " to ".<ref ")
|Line 75:||Line 75:|
Tavenner was awarded the
Tavenner was awarded the of Dimes Citizen of the Year award in 2007.<ref name="bio"/>
Revision as of 12:43, 4 March 2014
|Director of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
|Elections and appointments|
|Confirmed||May 15, 2013|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Commonwealth University|
|Master's||Virginia Commonwealth University|
|Birthday||May 31, 1951|
|Place of birth||Martinville, Virginia|
Tavenner was first nominated to the position in 2011 and was acting administrator until she was nominated again and confirmed. She previously worked for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) for 25 years.
Tavenner earned her bachelor's and master's degrees from Virginia Commonwealth University before working for the HCA for 25 years.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Tavenner's academic, professional and political career:
- 1981-2006: Nursing Supervisor to Group President for Outpatient Services at HCA Holdings, Inc.
- 2006-2010: Secretary of Health and Human Resources for the Commonwealth of Virginia
- 2011-2013: Acting Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- 2013-Present: Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
|Marilyn Tavenner Confirmation vote, May 15, 2013|
|Party||Votes for||Votes against||Total votes|
Tavenner was awarded the March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award in 2007.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Marilyn + Tavenner + CMS + Administrator
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.