Mark A. Brandenburg
|Mark A. Brandenburg|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 100|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Associate's||Iowa Western Community College|
|Place of birth||Council Bluffs, IA|
|Profession||Omaha Public Power District|
Brandenburg is vice president of the board of directors at the Union Pacific Railroad Museum. He previously worked 34 years in the Omaha Public Power District, where he eventually worked his way up to a management position. During his time at OPPD, he was a member of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1483. He now serves on the board of directors of the IWCC alumni association and as an adjunct instructor at Iowa Western Community College. Brandenburg holds an A.A. from Iowa Western and a B.S. from Bellevue University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brandenburg has been appointed to the following committees:
- Human Resources
- Public Safety
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (Joint Appropriations), Vice Chair
Brandenburg ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 15. Brandenburg ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated George Warren Yaple in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark A. Brandenburg Incumbent||52.1%||5,452|
|Democratic||George Warren Yaple||47.9%||5,013|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 100 General Election (2010)|
|Mark A. Brandenburg (R)||3,699|
|Paul Shomshor, Jr. (D)||3,287|
In 2010, Brandenburg raised $23,147 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Iowans For Right To Work||$1,774|
|Iowa Bankers Association||$1,000|
Brandenburg and his wife, Debbie, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mark + Brandenburg + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives - Rep. Mark Brandenburg
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- The Des Moines Register "GOP lawmakers De Boef and Brandenburg endorse Bachmann for president," August 14, 2011
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Official Iowa House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2010 contributions
Paul Shomshor, Jr.
|Iowa House District 100
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |