|Iowa State Senate District 47|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Riverside Community College|
|Birthday||January 21, 1968|
|Place of birth||Ross, Ca|
Chelgren is founder and president of Frog Legs, Inc., which manufactures Chelgren's patented wheelchair suspension system. He also owns Fizzix Manufacturing, an Ottumwa, IA, design and machining firm. Earlier in his career, Chelgren worked as a geologist for GeoSoils Inc.
He studied astro and geophysics at the University of California at Riverside. He and his wife Janet have four children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Chelgren has been appointed to these committees:
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Chelgren ran unopposed. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 47 (2010) General Election|
|Mark Chelgren (R)||9,582||49.3%|
|Keith Kreiman (D)||9,572||50.7%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 47 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Chelgren states his views on: 
- Constitution - "I will defend our constitution."
- Businesses - "I will work to create an environment where businesses flourish and our kids can find good jobs after they graduate."
- Taxes - "I will work to keep regulations and taxes fair and competitive with the states around us.will work to keep regulations and taxes fair and competitive with the states around us."
- Government responsibility - "I believe government's responsibility is to provide services and not to control our lives. it is time that "we the people" take back our state and limit the influence of big government."
In 2010, Chelgren raised $14,716 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Iowans For Right To Work||$1,000|
Chelgren and his wife Janet have four children.
- Iowa State Senate - Sen. Mark Chelgren
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|Iowa Senate District 47
| Succeeded by|