|Colorado House of Representatives District 2|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Ferrandino has worked as a Senior Budget Analyst with the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing, as a Program Analyst with the US Department of Justice, and a Policy Analyst with the White House Office of Management and Budget. He served as Treasurer of the Colorado Democratic Party from 2005-2007.
Ferrandino provided answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. When asked his legislative priorities he said:
"I will continue to work to protect consumer from predatory lending by re-introducing legislation that will limit the interest rate on payday loans to 45% down from the current rate of 521%. In addition, I will work to solve the fiscal problems in our state's constitution that limit our ability to invest in our state's future."
Ferrandino's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1107 - HOA Limits On Energy Efficiency Measures
- HB 09-1199 - Healthy Forests Vibrant Communities Act
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
- SB 11-025 - Transparency for private contracts entered into with the state 
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Ferrandino ran for re-election to the 2nd District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Ferrandino defeated Doc Miller (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 2 General election (2010)|
|Mark Ferrandino (D)||9,360|
|Doc Miller (R)||2,673|
Ferrandino raised $45,426 for his campaign, while Miller raised $3,087.
|Colorado State House, District 2 (2008)|
|Mark Ferrandino (D)||13,506|
|Thomas C. Miller (R)||3,424|
Below are Ferrandino's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$2,000|
|Colorado Assoc of Public Employees||$1,100|
|Colorado Assoc of Realtors||$1,050|
|Colorado Education Assoc||$900|
- Mark Ferrandino's personal website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Mark Ferrandino
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Mark Ferrandino on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ferrandino
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ferrandino Issue Positions
- Colorado News Agency, "Proposal underscores the ‘public’ in public records," February 10, 2011
- 2008 general election results, Colorado
- Colorado House spending, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Colorado House District 2
| Succeeded by|