Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 11|
|Profession||Chief Operating Officer|
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 11 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Gerald Connolly Incumbent||61%||202,606|
|Source: Virginia State Board of Elections "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
According to Gibson's website, his campaign themes included:
- Taxes: "Scrap everything and start fresh with a broad-based system that draws from three revenue sources: sales transactions, wage income, and investment income.
- Budget: "The long-term goal for the budget must be debt reduction to ease the burden of interest payments that now exceed 6 percent of the budget."
- Healthcare: "Reduce government's footprint – currently 50 percent of all U.S. healthcare spending – while seeking economies of scale."Cite error: Closing </ref> missing for <ref> tag He was defeated by Gerald Connolly on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Gibson + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- GOP sour on Iran deal - Politico
- Democrats to hold firehouse primary for Herring's Senate seat - Washington Post
- Readers Recall Learning Of JFK's Assassination - Greeneville Sun
- Kansas, Iowa State prepare for cold night in Ames - Kansas.com
- Leesburg attorney Jennifer Wexton announces bid for Herring's Senate seat - Washington Post
- Support groups in the area can help with illness, drug problems and many other ... - TriCities.com
- Baucus likely to release first discussion draft - Retailers to stump for ... - Politico
- Louisville Baseball releases 2014 schedule - USF Nation (subscription)
- Air Force Heads to NCAA Cross Country Championships - U.S. Air Force Academy Athletics
- U.S. House members take secrecy oath but undergo no background checks ... - GroundReport
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found