Mark Harris (Wisconsin)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Wisconsin, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 12, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Winnebago County Executive|
He was a potential Democratic candidate for Governor of Wisconsin in the 2014 elections. He announced in an e-mail on August 30, 2013, that he would no longer be seeking the seat in the next election.
Harris currently serves as Winnebago County Executive.
Harris ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Wisconsin's 6th District. He sought the Democratic nomination in the primary on August 12, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
- See also: Wisconsin gubernatorial election, 2014
Harris was considering a run for election as Governor of Wisconsin in 2014. Harris announced his decision not to run on August 30, 2013. An e-mail sent by Harris stated, "I have concluded that while I have insights and ideas regarding the governance of Wisconsin, that I will not enter the race for Governor. Entry into the race as an underfunded candidate may not be helpful to bring the policy extremes of the current administration to an end." He noted that if the other more well-known and well-funded Democratic candidates declined to run, he would then reconsider jumping back into the race.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Harris + Wisconsin + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Governor of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin gubernatorial election, 2014
- United States House of Representatives
- Wisconsin's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Wisconsin's 6th Congressional District
- Campaign website
- Winnebago County Executive Mark Harris
- Harris for County Executive campaign website
- MiamiHerald.com, "GOP's Leibham, Democrat Harris join Wisconsin race," accessed May 5, 2014
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, "Winnebago County exec says he's leaning toward Democratic run for governor," August 19, 2013
- Journal Sentinel, "Winnebago County Exec Mark Harris declines run for governor," August 30, 2013
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |