|New York State Assembly District 135|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||St. John Fisher College in Pittsford|
|Profession||Biologist- Environmental Health|
Johns holds a bachelor's degree in biology, which he received from St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, NY. After completing his education, Johns worked for the Monroe County Department of Public Health. In 2007, he was elected to the Town of Webster Town Board. There, he served as a liaison to the Webster Public Library.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Johns has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Governmental Employees Committee, New York State Assembly
- Governmental Operations Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Johns ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 135. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He defeated David R. Koon in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 135 2010|
|Mark Johns (R)||26,884|
|David Koon (D)||25,485|
In 2010, Johns raised a total of $90,462 in campaign contributions.
His four largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|Monroe County Republican Cmte||$74,652|
|Council No 66 PAC||$2,750|
|Rochester Business Alliance||$1,500|
|Johns, Mark C||$1,264|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Mark + Johns + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
|New York Assembly - District 135
| Succeeded by|