|Kansas House of Representatives District 87|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Wichita State University|
|J.D.||Washburn University School of Law|
Kahrs currently practices law and runs a small business. He attended Washburn University School of Law, receiving a Juris Doctorate.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kahrs served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• General Government Budget|
Kahrs' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"To create private sector jobs, government must reduce the tax burden, and eliminate cumbersome and unwarranted regulations so that businesses can operate more economically, efficiently and productively."
- Excerpt:"I will fight for needed tax reform for our small businesses, which would allow them the opportunity to expand their business and add needed jobs."
Limit Government Growth & Spending
- Excerpt:"I am committed to reducing government spending which will keep those dollars invested in our community."
Faith & Family
- Excerpt:"I will fight to protect our right of conscience, and our right to worship freely. I am also committed to protecting life at every stage, from conception to natural death."
Excellence in Education
- Excerpt:"I will support reform measures to ensure the highest level of academic achievement for all Kansas children, and that the dollars invested stay in the classroom."
Kahrs won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 87. He was unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Chris Florquist (D) and Santana Marie Talbert (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 87, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mark Kahrs Incumbent||62.4%||5,939|
|Libertarian||Santana Marie Talbert||4.6%||440|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Kahrs and his wife Sherri have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mark + Kahrs + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- "kahrsforkansas," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
Joseph Scapa (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 87
| Succeeded by|