Mark Meadows (North Carolina)
|U.S. House, North Carolina, District 11|
|January 3, 2013-Present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Heath Shuler (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of South Florida|
|Birthday||July 28, 1959|
|Place of birth||Verdun, France|
|Profession||Real Estate Developer|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Analysis
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Prior to his congressional career Meadows was the Customer Service and Public Safety Director for Tampa Electric, the founder of a small sandwich shop as well as a real-estate developer.
Based on analysis of multiple outside rankings, Meadows is a more moderate right of center Republican Party vote. As a result, he may break with the Republican Party line more than his fellow members.
Meadows was born in Verdun, France at a Army Field Hospital. His father was in the army and his mother was a surgical nurse. He attended high school in the Tampa, Florida, area. He graduated from the University of South Florida with a degree in business management. He and his wife moved to North Carolina in 1986.
- 1990-present: Real-estate developer
- 1986-1990: Owner, sandwich shop
- 1983-1986: Director, customer relations and public safety, Tampa Electric
Meadows serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organizations
- Subcommittee on Middle East and North Africa
- United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation, and Regulatory Affairs
- Subcommittee on Government Operations
- United States House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Aviation
- Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the states that could have determined whether Democrats retook the House or Republicans held their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
|U.S. House, North Carolina District 11 General Election, 2012|
|Source: North Carolina State Board of Elections "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for Meadows is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Meadows raised a total of $1,107,284 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 16, 2013.
|Mark Meadows (North Carolina)'s Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||U.S. House (North Carolina, District 11)||$1,107,284|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,107,284|
|U.S. House of Representatives, North Carolina's 11th Congressional District, 2012 - Mark Meadows (North Carolina) Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Runner-up||$746,546|
|Total Spent by Election Runner-up||$723,436|
|Top contributors to Mark Meadows (North Carolina)'s campaign committee|
|Every Republican is Crucial PAC||$10,000|
|Financial Guaranty Summit||$10,000|
|House Conservatives Fund||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Ideology and leadership
Lifetime voting record
According to the website GovTrack, Meadows missed 1 of 108 roll call votes from Jan 2013 to Apr 2013, which is 0.9% of votes during that period. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Meadows' net worth as of 2011 was estimated between $1,674,034 to $12,017,998. That averages to $6,846,016, which is lower than the average net worth of Republican House members in 2011 of $7,859,232.
Percentage voting with party
Mark Meadows voted with the Republican Party 93.4% of the time, which ranked 128 among the 234 House Republican members as of 2013.
Meadows and his wife Debbie have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Mark + Meadows + North Carolina + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Congressional profile at CongressMerge.com
- Congressional profile at GovTrack.us
- Congressional profile at OpenCongress.org
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Congressional profile and news at Roll Call
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign finance reports and data at the Federal Election Commission
- Financial information at OpenSecrets.org
- Issue positions and quotes at On The Issues
- Legislation at Congress.gov
- Voting record maintained by The Washington Post
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Collected news and commentary at The Washington Post
- Politico "2012 Election Map, North Carolina"
- National Journal "North Carolina, 11th House District: Mark Meadows (R)," November 6, 2012
- CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress"
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results" Accessed October 10, 2012
- Open Secrets "Mark R. Meadows" Accessed May 16, 2013
- Open Secrets "Mark Meadow 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 1, 2013
- Gov Track "Mark Meadows," Accessed June 26, 2013
- GovTrack, "Mark Meadows" Accessed April 2013
- OpenSecrets.org "Mark R. Meadows (R-NC), 2011," accessed February 21, 2013
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
|U.S. House of Representatives - North Carolina District 11
| Succeeded by|