|Iowa House of Representatives District 90|
Riley ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 90. Riley (by petition) and Ryan Roberson (R) filed after the June 5 primary. Incumbent Cindy Winckler ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, and won election on November 6.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 90, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Cindy Winckler Incumbent||73.3%||8,988|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Riley defeated opponent Mark Holloway by a margin of 840 to 634. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 43 - Republican Primary (2010)|
On his campaign website, Riley explains his beliefs in nine issues: 
- Goverment- "I am committed to the idea of limited Government, responsible Government and a Government that follows an original interpretation of the Constitution."
- Taxes - "I believe that governments should not spend more than they take in taxes. (excepting war and natural disasters)"
- Government policy - "I believe in governmental policies that promote free-market principles and protect Iowa workers and business from predatory and unfair practices that harm their market value. I do not believe in manipulating market value with laws that allow the ruling class or foreign nations to take wealth from the working class."
- Labor - "I believe that a person's Labor has both an economic value and a moral value. current "free trade" principles have ignored the moral value of American labor."
- Electoral process - "This flawed electoral process has also caused the "unhealthy political party monopoly" of institutions. The Labor Unions, Education system, Journalism and Churches to name a few."
- Education - "I am committed to the principle of public education. I am committed to charter schools as a solution to help our education system extricate itself from natural bureaucratic tendencies, and I believe property taxes are an unfair way to fund education."
- Budget - "I am committed to balanced budgets."
- Religion - "I believe in Religious tolerance and the free exchange of ideas and in "free will." I believe that criticism and critical examination of ideas and beliefs is essential to finding truth and a better society."
- Individual liberty - "My political philosophy if elected, is to legislate towards individual liberty and to protect the citizens of Iowa from visions of Utopian tyranny from both the right and left of the political parties."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mark + Riley + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Iowa
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Mark Riley on Iowa Senate Republican Caucus
- Mark Riley for Senate blog
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |