For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. Senate, Colorado|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|United States House of Representatives|
|Colorado State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Williams College, 1972|
|Date of birth||July 18, 1950|
|Place of birth||Tucson, AZ|
Below is an abbreviated outline of Udall's academic, professional and political career:
- 1972: Graduated from Williams College with B.A.
- 1974: Field coordinator, Morris K. Udall for President
- 1985-1995: Executive director, Colorado Outward Bound School
- 1996-1998: Colorado House of Representatives
- 1999-2009: U.S. Representative from Colorado
- 2009-Present: U.S. Senator from Colorado
- Armed Services
- Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Subcommittee on Readiness and Management Support
- Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Energy
- Subcommittee on National Parks, Chair
- Subcommittee on Public Lands and Forests
Percentage voting with party
The website Open Congress tracks how often members of Congress vote with the majority of the chamber caucus. According to the website, Udall votes with the Democratic Party 89.4% of the time. This ranks 43rd among the 51 Senate Democrats in 2011.
Udall won re-election to the U.S. Senate in 2008. During that re-election cycle, Udall's campaign committee raised a total of $11,667,048 and spent $12,867,562.
His top 5 contributors between 2007-2008 were:
|U.S. Senate election, Colorado, 2008 - Mark Udall Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Opponent||$7,387,843|
|Total Spent by Opponent||$7,205,644|
|Top contributors to Mark Udall's campaign committee|
|League of Conservation Voters||$68,879|
|University of Colorado||$42,712|
|Council for a Livable World||$40,439|
|Holland & Hart||$40,228|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Securities & Investment||$409,179|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Mark + Udall + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this official due to the nature of the search engine.
Udall and his wife, Maggie Fox, have two children.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Biographical Director of the United States Congress "Mark Udall," Accessed October 20, 2011
- Open Congress "Voting With Party," Accessed October 19, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 4, 2008"
- Open Secrets "Mark Udall 2008 Election Cycle," Accessed October 22 2011
|U.S. Senate - Colorado
| Succeeded by|