|South Carolina State Senate, District 42|
|October 7 - Present|
|November 14, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||October 1, 2013|
Kimpson won election in a special election for South Carolina State Senate District 42. The seat was vacant following Sen. Robert Ford's (D) resignation on May 31, 2013 amidst an ethics investigation. Kimpson advanced to a primary runoff with Maurice Washington, defeating Herbert S. Fielding, Margaret Rush and Bob Thompson in the August 13 Democratic primary. Kimpson defeated Washington in the runoff on August 27. Kimpson defeated Billy Shuman (R), Alex Thornton (L) and Rodney Travis (L) in the special election, which took place on October 1.
|South Carolina State Senate, District 42, Special Election, 2013|
|South Carolina State Senate, District 42 Runoff Democratic Primary, 2013|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marlon + Kimpson + South Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Kimpson's website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- scnow.com, "Special election set for former Sen. Ford's seat," June 5, 2013
- live5news.com, "Marlon Kimpson wins District 42 Senate runoff," August 27, 2013
- scvotes.org, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- scvotes.org, "Official Democratic primary runoff results," accessed November 19, 2013
- scvotes.org, "Official election results," accessed November 19, 2013
Robert Ford (D)
|South Carolina State Senate - District 42
| Succeeded by|