|Minnesota House of Representatives District 56B|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Political party||Democratic Farmer-Labor|
|Profession||Advanced Placement English teacher|
Swails is an English Teacher at Woodbury Senior High School. She earned her MFA in Writing from Hamline University and B.A. in English from Graceland University.
Swails is a member of the Alumni Board of Directors of Graceland University, King of Kings Lutheran Church, and the National Council of Teachers of English. She is married and has 2 children.
Prior to leaving the house, she served on the following committees:
- Transportation and Transit Policy and Oversight Division (Vice Chair)
- K-12 Education Finance Division
- K-12 Education Policy and Oversight
- Transportation Finance and Policy Division
- Ways and Means
Marsha Swails raised $52,788 for her campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56B (2008)|
|Marsha Swails (DFL)||14,466||54.96%|
|Lee Bohlsen (R)||11,820||44.90%|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Marsha Swails' 2008 campaign.
- Marsha Swails' personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Marsha Swails
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Marsha Swails on Facebook
- Marsha Swails on Twitter
|Minnesota State House District 56B
| Succeeded by|
Andrea Kieffer (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |