|Massachusetts House of Representatives Eighth Suffolk|
|2005 - January 30, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Master's||Harvard University, 2000|
|J.D.||New York University School of Law, 1987|
|Profession||Vice President of Development, Jumpstart|
Walz is Vice President of Development for Jumpstart. She was Assistant Director of Human Resources for Boston Public Schools, Associate General Counsel of Harcourt General, Incorporated, and an Associate with Palmer and Dodge.
Walz is a member of the Boston Ward 5 Democratic Committee, National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League Pro-Choice Massachusetts Board, Women's Lunch Place Board, and Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay Board.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Walz served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means|
|• Ways and Means Joint, Vice-chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Walz served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Education, Chair|
Walz won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Eighth Suffolk District. Walz was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Eighth Suffolk District (2010)|
|Martha Walz (D)||9,273|
|Brad Marston (R)||2,731|
Walz raised $49,288 for her campaign.
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Eighth Suffolk (2008)|
|Martha Marty Walz (D)||13,821|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Walz received $114,946 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Martha Walz's campaign in 2010|
|Nemirovsky, Shelly H||$1,000|
|High, Thomas William||$1,000|
|Davis, John A||$1,000|
|Llewellyn, Parker B||$1,000|
|Carpenters & Joiners Local 40||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$114,946|
Walz raised $49,288 in the 2008 election cycle.
Her major contributors are listed below. 
|20 different donors||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Martha + Walz + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Marty Walz's personal website
- Massachusetts House of Representatives - Rep. Martha Walz
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Marty Walz on Facebook
- Boston Globe, "State Rep. Martha Walz to lead Planned Parenthood," January 30, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Walz
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Accessed June 27, 2012
- Official Massachusetts Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Election Results, Massachusetts House of Representatives
- [ http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/state_election_results.phtml?s=MA&y=2008#results_summary_H 2008 Massachusetts Election Fundraising, Candidates]
- Follow the Money - 2010 Donors
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Suffolk 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |