Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 41|
|Troy City Councilman|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan|
|Master's||University of Michigan|
|Place of birth||Troy, MI|
|Profession||Certified Public Accountant|
Howrylak is a certified public accountant who has held several offices, including that of city councilman, city trustee, and mayor pro-tem in Troy, Michigan, where he has been a lifelong resident. He has a B.S. in Geological Sciences and a Master in Accounting degree, both from the University of Michigan. He is an Eagle Scout.
Howrylak's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Introduce a mandatory phase-out of the personal income tax."
- Excerpt:"Prohibit local governments from running unbalanced budgets. Our formerly great cities of Detroit and Flint should not have been allowed to fall apart as catastrophically as they have."
- Excerpt:"Michigan children deserve a better education. We must demand accountability from public schools. Those that fail should be eliminated. Teachers that excel should be rewarded. Children born to poor families should not be punished with sub-standard education and deserve a quality education."
Howrylak ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 41. He defeated Deborah DeBacker and Matt Pryor in the Republican primary on August 7. Incumbent Martin Knollenberg (R) did not run for re-election. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 41 Republican Primary, 2012|
Howrylak is married to his wife, Jane.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Martin + Howrylak + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Martin Howrylak on Facebook
- Martin Howrylak for State Representative, "About Martin", retrieved August 6, 2012.
- "martinhowrylak," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |