Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 41|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Troy City Councilman|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan|
|Master's||University of Michigan|
|Place of birth||Troy, MI|
|Profession||Certified Public Accountant|
Howrylak is a certified public accountant who has held several offices, including that of city councilman, city trustee, and mayor pro-tem in Troy, Michigan, where he has been a lifelong resident. He has a B.S. in Geological Sciences and a Master in Accounting degree, both from the University of Michigan. He is an Eagle Scout.
Howrylak's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Introduce a mandatory phase-out of the personal income tax."
- Excerpt:"Prohibit local governments from running unbalanced budgets. Our formerly great cities of Detroit and Flint should not have been allowed to fall apart as catastrophically as they have."
- Excerpt:"Michigan children deserve a better education. We must demand accountability from public schools. Those that fail should be eliminated. Teachers that excel should be rewarded. Children born to poor families should not be punished with sub-standard education and deserve a quality education."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Howrylak served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
Howrylak won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 41. He defeated Deborah DeBacker and Matt Pryor in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Mary Kerwin (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 41 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Howrylak is married to his wife, Jane.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Martin + Howrylak + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Martin Howrylak on Facebook
- Martin Howrylak for State Representative, "About Martin", retrieved August 6, 2012.
- "martinhowrylak," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 6, 2012
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
Martin Knollenberg (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 41
2013 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |