Difference between revisions of "Martin Sandoval"
|Line 205:||Line 205:|
Revision as of 14:02, 29 March 2012
|Illinois State Senate District 12|
|2003 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||January 12, 1964|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Sandoval graduated with his Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Loyola-Chicago. Sandoval is a full-time Senator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sandoval has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Energy Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Gaming Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Licensed Activities Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Illinois State Senate, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Sandoval served on these committees:
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Sandoval is running for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in 2012 in District 11. In 2011, he was relocated from the 11th District to the 12th District as a result of the redistricting process. Sandoval was unopposed in the Democratic Primary on March 20 and will be unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012. Current District 11 incumbent Steve Landek is not running for re-election in District 11 but is running in District 12.
|Illinois State Senate, District 12 (2008)|
|Martin Sandoval (D)||33,807|
In 2008, Sandoval collected $280,289 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$7,500|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$7,500|
|Illinois Small Loan Association||$6,000|
|Racing Associations of Illinois||$4,500|
|Industrial Fence Inc.||$4,000|
|Reliable Asphalt Corp.||$4,000|
|Citizens for John Cullerton||$4,000|
|Christopher B. Burke Engineering||$3,900|
|Hawthorne Race Course||$3,800|
|KR Miller Contractors Inc.||$3,500|
|United Building Maintenance Inc.||$3,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Martin + Sandoval + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Sandoval represents Illinois Senate District 12. District 12 includes Midway Airport Area of Chicago.
Martin is married to Marina Sandoval. They have three children and reside in Gage Park, Illinois.
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Sandoval Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|