Marty Martin (Wyoming)
|Wyoming State Senate District 12|
|2009-January 8, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Wyoming State House of Representatives|
|Date of birth||August 5, 1951|
|Place of birth||Truth or Consequences, NM|
Martin was a representative in the Wyoming House of Representatives from 2003 to 2008. He served as chairman of the House Minority Caucus from 2005 to 2006, and he went on to serve as Minority Floor Leader from 2007 to 2008. Martin served as the Minority Whip in his last senate term.
Martin attended the University of Wyoming. He has worked as a Production Foreman as well as an Area Safety Supervisor.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Martin served on these committees:
- Corporations, Elections and Political Subdivisions
- Joint Committee on Corporations, Elections and Political Subdivisions
- Labor, Health and Social Services
- Joint Committee on Labor, Health and Social Services
- Rules and Procedure
- Joint Committee on Rules and Procedure
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Martin served on these committees:
- Mineral, Business and Economic Development Committee, Wyoming Senate
- Revenue Committee, Wyoming Senate
Martin raised $6,575 for his campaign.
|Wyoming State Senate, District 12 (2008)|
|Marty Martin (D)||5,056|
In the year 2008, Martin raised $6,575 for his campaign.
His top four contributors were:
|Wyoming Realtors Association||$750|
Wyoming Liberty Index
The Wyoming Liberty Index, a study created in 2003, issues a Scorecard that rates all final bills in the Wyoming State Legislature on whether the bills supported or hindered liberty. Legislators are also given a "liberty score" based on their voting patterns. The Wyoming Liberty Index 2012 report was issued on the 61st Legislature during the 2012 budget session. Scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates a higher level of "aye" votes on bills considered pro-liberty and "nay" votes on what the organization considers anti-liberty bills. Martin received a score of 25% in the 2012 scorecard, ranking 27th out of 31 members of the Wyoming State Senate. Although there are 30 members of the Senate, a 31st "hypothetical legislator" voting nay on every bill was also included.
Marty and his wife Nema have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marty + Martin + Wyoming + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from the Wyoming Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Senate Digest, "First Day General Session of the Senate Sixtieth," January 13, 2009
- "Legislative leadership and committee assignments set," Cowboy State Free Press, November 15, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Sen. Martin
- Wyoming State Election Results, 2008
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money 2008
- Wyoming Liberty Index, "2012 Wyoming Liberty Index," accessed April 30, 2014
Rae Lynn Job
|Wyoming Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|
Bernadine Craft (D)