|Minnesota House of Representatives District 11B|
|2011 - present|
|January 8, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||March 1, 1977|
|Profession||Credit Representative/Licensed Childcare Provider|
Prior to her time in the legislature, Franson worked as a Credit Representative with AT&T. She is also a licensed childcare provider.
Franson graduated from the University of Minnesota-Duluth with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Humanities.
Franson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Strengthening our Economy
- Excerpt:"Mary believes state government should hold the line on tax increases and live within its means – just like families in Douglas and Otter Tail counties do every day."
Job Creation is a Top Priority
- Excerpt:"Mary has worked to remove regulations that stifle business growth and expansion. When our small-town main streets prosper, we all prosper!"
Making Good Schools Even Better
- Excerpt:"Mary Franson will work to secure fair education funding and ensure there is reform and accountability for every dollar spent. Mary supports high academic standards and challenging coursework to prepare students to compete in the global economy."
Standing Up for Family Farmers and Agriculture
- Excerpt:"Mary knows farmers are the best stewards of the land. She will work to roll back excessive state regulations and ensure the PCA, DNR and Department of Agriculture serve as partners who assist – not hinder – farmers and their ag operations."
Ensuring Affordable Health Care
- Excerpt:"Minnesota has the best health care in the world, but we need to make it more accessible and affordable through competition in the health insurance market – not through a government takeover. Government-run health care limits treatment options and leads to rationing."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Franson has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Health and Human Services (Finance)
- Health and Human Services (Reform)
Franson won election to the District 11B Seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition. She defeated Amy Hunter (DFL) and Bert Pexsa (Independence Party of Minnesota) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 11B (2010)|
|Amy Hunter (DFL)||5,147||32.88%|
|Mary Franson (R)||7,798||49.81%|
|Bert Pexsa (Independence)||2,680||17.12%|
In 2010, Franson raised $23,439 in contributions.
Her two largest contributors were:
|Todd County Republican Party||$1,300|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mary + Franson + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Franson has three children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Facebook profile
Mary Ellen Otremba (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 11B
| Succeeded by|