Difference between revisions of "Mary Helen Garcia"
(update term ends)
m (Text replace - 'Committee, New Mexico House' to 'Committee, New Mexico House of Representatives')
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
* [[Education Committee, New Mexico House]]
* [[Education Committee, New Mexico House ]]
* [[Voters and Elections Committee, New Mexico House]]
* [[Voters and Elections Committee, New Mexico House ]]
Revision as of 07:18, 19 April 2011
|Mary Helen Garcia|
|New Mexico House of Representatives District 34|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
|Profession||Elementary School Principal|
Garcia earned her BA and MA from New Mexico State University in 1960 and 1976, respectively.
Garcia was a Teacher for Gadsden Public Schools from 1960 to 1961. She also taught at Las Cruces Public Schools from 1967 to 1992. From 1993 to 1999 she was Director of Instruction for Las Cruces Public Schools. She has been Elementary School Principal at Las Cruces Public School from 1984 to 1993 and again from 1999 to the present.
- Education Committee, New Mexico House of Representatives
- Voters and Elections Committee, New Mexico House of Representatives
Garcia won re-election to the 34th District Seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|New Mexico House of Representatives General Election, District 34 (2010)|
|Mary Helen Garcia (D)||2,860||100%|
In 2008, Garcia collected $12,135 in donations.
Garcia has served as Chair of the New Mexico and District Democratic Party since 1997. She joined the New Mexico State House of Representatives in 2002. She has served in that position since, representing the 34th district.
Garcia and her husband, George, have two children.
- Biography from the New Mexico Legislature website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996, 1992
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 34
2003 – present
| Succeeded by|