Mary Jo Wilhelm
|Mary Jo Wilhelm|
|Iowa State Senate District 8|
|January 10, 2013|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Founder/Owner, Wilhelm Appraisers|
Wilhelm is the founder/owner of Wilhelm Appraisers.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wilhelm has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wilhelm served on these committees:
- Economic Growth Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Education Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Environment & Energy Independence Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Human Resources Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Wilhelm ran for re-election to the Iowa State Senate in 2012. Due to redistricting, she ran in district 26. Wilhelm ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated District 6 incumbent Merlin Bartz in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 8 (2008)|
|Mary Jo Wilhelm (D)||14,862|
|Mark Zieman (R)||13,836|
In 2008 Wilhelm collected $207,123 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Democratic Majority Fund||$170,751|
|Iowa Federation of Labor AFL-CIO||$5,400|
|Iowa Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
Wilhelm and her husband, Michael, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Mary + Wilhelm + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Sen. Wilhelm's Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Mary Jo Wilhelm
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Mary Jo Wilhelm on Facebook
|Iowa Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|