|Line 245:||Line 245:|
Revision as of 12:38, 7 October 2013
|Lieutenant Governor of Ohio|
|Ohio Director of Insurance|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Lee Fisher (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms|
|Ohio State Auditor|
|January 8, 2007 – January 9, 2011|
|Ohio House of Representatives|
|Member, Green City Council|
|Bachelor's||University of Akron|
|Master's||University of Akron|
|Birthday||March 7, 1966|
The office of lieutenant governor is part of the governor's office and has no budget itself. Naming Taylor to head the Department of Insurance allowed her to collect a higher salary while also saving money that would have otherwise come from the governor's budget.
Prior to becoming lieutenant governor, Taylor served as Ohio State Auditor from 2007-2011 and was a member of the Ohio House of Representatives from 2003-2006. She began her career in politics in 2001 when she was elected to the Green City Council.
Taylor began her career in 1990 with Deloitte and Touche, one of the “big four” national accounting firms. She joined the Akron firm of Bober, Markey, Fedorovich & Company in 1994, where she served as director of the firm's tax department and senior manager of the employee benefits practice.
- MA, Taxation, University of Akron
- BS, Accounting, University of Akron
Lieutenant Governor of Ohio (2011-present)
Taylor is the current Republican Lieutenant Governor of Ohio. She was first elected in 2010 on a ticket with John Kasich, the current Governor of Ohio, and assumed office on January 10, 2011. In her role as lieutenant governor, Taylor also serves as the Ohio Director of Insurance.
Ohio Auditor (2007-2011)
Taylor is eligible to run for re-election as Ohio Lieutenant Governor in 2014. She has not yet made her intentions in the race known.
Comprehensive donor information for Taylor is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Taylor raised a total of $2,932,206 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 13, 2013.
|Mary Taylor's Campaign Contribution History|
|2004||OH House of Representatives||$201,927|
|2002||OH House of Representatives||$406,218|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,932,206|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Mary Taylor's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Mary Taylor's Campaign Contributions|
House District 48
Ohio State Auditor
Lieutenant Governor of Ohio
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$185,887 (Dem)||$1,077,559 (Dem)||$16,580,850 (Dem)|
|Top 5 contributors||Summit County Republican Party||$114,806||Ohio Republican Party||$594,063||Ohio Republican Party||$756,880|
|Ohio Republican Party||$73,469||Summit County Republican Party||$75,000||Summit County Republican Central Committee||$150,000|
|Ohio House Republican Campaign Committee||$55,825||Stevens Reed Curcio & Potholm||$25,000||Michael Wayne Boiche, Jr.||$34,186|
|Associated Builders & Contractors||$3,500||4 individuals||$20,000 each||Ward J Timken, Jr.||$32,700|
|13 individuals||$2,500 each||James F DIcke II|
James Dicke, Sr.
|$15,000 each||Robert H Castellini|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mary + Taylor + Ohio + Lieutenant + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Current Lt. Gov. Says Vetting Process Gives Insight Into Decision Making - 10TV
- Lt. Governor Mary Taylor Visits Producers Service Corporation - WHIZ
- FitzGerald picks Kearney 2014 ticketmate to unseat Kasich-Taylor - Examiner.com
- Ohio cutting red tape for job creators - The Newark Advocate
- Governor urges Ohioans to avoid using letter 'M' on Saturday - WCPO
- Ohio Urges Veterans To Seek Insurance Jobs - WOSU Public Media
- Ohio Lt. Gov. on closure of Akron Lockheed Martin facility: We are ... - NewsNet5.com
- Eric Kearney, Ed FitzGerald's candidate for lieutenant governor, owes ... - Plain Dealer
- Eric Kearney out as Ed FitzGerald's running mate for governor's race - Columbus Dispatch
- More money problems for Eric Kearney, Ed FitzGerald's candidate for lieutenant ... - Plain Dealer
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Ohio Governor website
- Taylor's official biography
- Kasich and Taylor's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Governor.Ohio.gov, "About Lt. governor Mary Taylor," accessed September 22, 2011
- ↑ Cleveland.com, "Undefined role for Ohio's lieutenant governor often leads to double duty," April 22, 2013
- ↑ Cleveland.com, "Ohio Auditor Mary Taylor won't seek re-election, instead will run for lieutenant governor," January 12, 2010
- ↑ Lieutenant Governor Office "About" Accessed January 30, 2013
- ↑ Project Votesmart "Biography" Accessed January 30, 2013
- ↑ Examiner.com, "Ohio Gov., Lt. Gov. endorse Romney, but Kasich won't be with Romney in Lorain," April 19, 2012
- ↑ Governor.Ohio.gov, "About Lt. governor Mary Taylor," accessed September 22, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Mary Taylor," accessed May 13, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
Lee Fisher (D)
|Lieutenant Governor of Ohio
2011 - present
| Succeeded by|