Maryland's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
Maryland has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is John Delaney (D), who was first elected in 2012.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Dan Bongino
- Harold Painter
- John Delaney: Incumbent
- Walter Theodore Charlton
- George Gluck
Withdrew prior to primary
The 6th congressional district of Maryland held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which John Delaney (D) won, upsetting Republican incumbent Roscoe Bartlett. Delaney also defeated Nickolaus Mueller (L) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Maryland District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Roscoe Bartlett Incumbent||37.9%||117,313|
|Source: Maryland State Board of Elections "Representative in Congress"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Maryland, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Maryland Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- WJLA, "Dan Bongino eyeing Maryland's 6th District seat," accessed June 4, 2013
- Maryland Elections, "Candidate Listing," accessed February 22, 2014
- Maryland Elections, "Candidate List 2014," accessed December 10, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Maryland"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 29, 2011