Maryland's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid D
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Maryland is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Parties decide who may vote in their primary election and generally close it to all voters except those registered with their party.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Elijah Cummings (D), who was first elected in 1996.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 24, 2014, primary results
The 7th congressional district of Maryland held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 6, 2012, in which incumbent Elijah Cummings (D) won. He defeated Ty Busch (D), Charles Smith (D), Frank Mirabile, Jr. (R) and Ronald Owens-Bey (L) in the general election.
|U.S. House, Maryland District 7 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Elijah Cummings Incumbent||76.5%||247,770|
|Republican||Frank Mirabile, Jr.||20.8%||67,405|
|Democratic||Ty Busch (Write-in)||0%||10|
|Democratic||Charles Smith (Write-in)||0%||28|
|Source: Maryland State Board of Elections "Representative in Congress"|
On November 2, 2010, Elijah Cummings won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Frank Mirabile, Jr. (R), Scott Spencer (L), Fred Donald Dickson, Jr. (I), and Ray Bly (I) in the general election.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Maryland, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections Website, "Primary Elections," accessed January 3, 2014
- Maryland Redistricting Map "Map" accessed September 25, 2012
- Maryland Elections, "Candidate List 2014," accessed December 10, 2013
- Ray Bly for Congress, "Home," accessed February 21, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Maryland"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed December 1, 2011