Maryland Secretary of Agriculture
The authority of the Department of Agriculture and its secretary comes under the Annotated Code of Maryland - Title 2 and the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) - Title XV.
The Secretary of Agriculture is appointed by the Governor, with the advice and consent of the Senate.
The vision and mission statement of the Maryland Department of Agriculture is as follows:
"Our Vision is to achieve excellence in programs and in services that preserve and protect agricultural resources and the environment, promote profitable agriculture and consumer confidence, and enhance the quality of life for all Marylanders."
"Our Mission is to provide leadership and support to agriculture and the citizens of Maryland by conducting regulatory, service, and educational activities that assure consumer confidence, protect the environment, and promote agriculture."
The Maryland Department of Agriculture is divided into three main offices:
- Office of Marketing, Animal Industries and Consumer Services
- Office of Plant Industries and Pest Management
- Office of Resource Conservation
Secretary of Agriculture
Earl F. Hance
50 Harry S Truman Pkwy.
Annapolis, MD 21401
- Maryland State Archives, "Department of Agriculture - Origins," accessed September 24, 2011
- Maryland Department of Agriculture, Laws-Legislation
- Maryland Department of Agriculture, Vision and Mission Statement
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 25, 2011