Maryland Talbot County Question C (2002)
Revision as of 17:31, 20 July 2008 by Emily
The official ballot summary reads:
Bill 808, if adopted, would amend the Talbot County Zoning Code to:
Question: Should Bill 808 be approved? 
- Change the definition of "building supplies", to eliminate materials associated with "the building trade", and substitute materials associated with "building and home improvement."
- Provide that the Table of Land Use Regulations controls what uses are permitted in each zone, taking priority over the types of uses set forth in the general-purposes statements establishing zoning districts.
- Amend the General Table of Land Use Regulations to specify that building supply and lumber yards include home improvement centers.
- Amend the site plan review process concerning access and traffic circulation to eliminate the final decision-making authority of the Planning Commission and Planning Officer, give each an advisory role, and give the final decision-making authority to the County Engineer.
- Amend the site plan review process to make the Planning Commission's role advisory and to specify that the Planning Officer has final decision-making authority to approve, approve with conditions, or disapprove site plans.