Maryland Talbot County Question C (2002)
The official ballot summary reads:
Bill 808, if adopted, would amend the Talbot County Zoning Code to:
Question: Should Bill 808 be approved?
- Change the definition of "building supplies," to eliminate materials associated with "the building trade," and substitute materials associated with "building and home improvement."
- Provide that the Table of Land Use Regulations controls what uses are permitted in each zone, taking priority over the types of uses set forth in the general-purposes statements establishing zoning districts.
- Amend the General Table of Land Use Regulations to specify that building supply and lumber yards include home improvement centers.
- Amend the site plan review process concerning access and traffic circulation to eliminate the final decision-making authority of the Planning Commission and Planning Officer, give each an advisory role, and give the final decision-making authority to the County Engineer.
- Amend the site plan review process to make the Planning Commission's role advisory and to specify that the Planning Officer has final decision-making authority to approve, approve with conditions, or disapprove site plans.
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |